Katia Malizia – Most Inspiring – Trendsetter Award
How long have you been a cake artist or sugar artist? 2010
Bio: Katia Malizia is a multifaceted artist: portrait painter, interior decorator, trompe l’oeil, ceramic, mosaic, and painting restorer. In 2010, a chance encounter with the world of Cake, fascinated by this new art form was born the idea of merging his two portraits and sweet passions, creating a unique combination, which distinguishes it as the only portraitist of sugar paste. Professor Katia Malizia teaches her technique and actively participates in all national and international events dedicated with cake designing. Katia Malizia says that, you create the opportunity to realize an idea, but the passion and love transform it into a work of art.
Awards and Events:
- 2014 Guest at the Grand Gala of Cake Design Terracina (LT) organized by ‘ANCDI
- 2015 Article blogged on Corriere della Sera
- 2015 Conquest Gold “Gold Award” at the International Cake EXE London
- 2015 Opera “Adam and Eve” on display at the International Biennial Art Sugar Torino
- 2015 Participates with her work at the World Championships Art Gallery Pastry FIPCG at EXPO Milan
- 2016 Demo in Stand Laped Italy at SIGEP in Rimini
- 2016 Demo in Stand Caffarel at SIGEP in Rimini
- 2016 Conquer the Bronze Age to the Italian Championship Cake Design FIPCG at Carrara Fiere
- 2016 Exhibited and donated the works in the event organized by the Children and Autism Foundation Onlus Fidenza during the World Day of Autism, the cake made is published on Sugar Art For Autism.
- 2016 Judged from CakesDecor.com best decorator of cakes, her works have been published on the site have almost all been given awards.
- Her works are often published in various magazines including “Cake Design Magazine” and “International Pastry”
What has inspired your work and why?
The request by a customer to realize his daughter’s portrait on the cake, from that moment I discovered a new art.
In what ways do you step outside of your comfort zone?
By participating in competitions in Italy and abroad thanks to Facebook
What else would you like to share with us?
I’m happy to be the only cake designer who paints portraits on cake.