Manuela Silvia Taddeo – Royal Icing
Manuela Silvia Taddeo
Facebook: mabanuby cake design
Manuela Silvia Taddeo was born in Milan on 08.02.1975, follows her artistic inclinations, she attended the Artistic secondary School and graduated from the Faculty of Architecture in Polytechnic School of Milan.
She works as a collaborator with some professional Architectural Study to become Project Manager and Director of Works, later opened her own professional Study of Architectural Design and Restructuring.
Always passionate about cooking and pastry, discovered in 2012 the passion for Cake Design and attended several professional courses of specialization in pastry decoration and with the aim of enhancing professionalism in this sector.
With her best friend Barbara Borghi bases MABANUBY cake design, which in 2014, with the opening of a laboratory, formally become a company that mainly produces artistic cakes to order for any occasion and for parties and pastry buffet.
She feel in love for Royal icing technique, that she studied with the great master Sir.Eddie Spence MBE, Kristina Rado and Donatella Semalo, and with the great Lambeth style teacher Kathleen Lange, and that she teaching in private class and course in Italy.
She participated in several important Cake Decorating Competitions, winning several prizes in national and international competitions.
- LET’S CAKE MODENA 2013 – 1st place MODELLING contest
- LET’S CAKE MODENA 2013 – 1st place “PARTY CAKE”
- CAKE DESIGN ITALIAN FESTIVAL 2014 – 1° place and special mention by Kathleen Lange in ROYAL ICING competition
- CAKE INTERNATIONAL BIRMINGHAM 2014 – silver medal INTERNATIONAL CLASS
- CAKE INTERNATIONAL BIRMINGHAM 2014 – gold medal and 2nd place CELEBRATION CAKE FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION
- SIGEP 2015 Glamour Italian Cake Competition – Special price for Innovation Technique in Royal Icing
- CAKE WORLD VIENNA 2015 – gold medal and Best in category in CELEBRATION CAKE FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION
- Best in Show
- CAKE DESIGN ITALIAN FESTIVAL 2015 – 1° in ROYAL ICING competition
- CAKE INTERNATIONAL BIRMINGHAM 2015 – gold medal and 1st place CELEBRATION CAKE FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION
- SIGEP 2016 Glamour Italian Cake Competition – 1° place
- CAKE WORLD FRIEDRICHSHAFEN 2016 – gold medal and Best in category in CELEBRATION CAKE FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION
- Best in Show
- ART OF SUGAR ZURIGH 2016 – gold medal in CELEBRATION CAKE FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION
How long have you been a cake artist or sugar artist?
What has inspired your work and why?
I take inspiration from art, architecture, painting (old stile and modern/contemporary sketch…), fashion, ceramics, but also from natural elements like flower, tree, birds…
I always find new inspiration in my travel for new shapes to realise in icing…
In what ways do you step outside of your comfort zone when creating new ideas and projects?
I like very much the experimentation, to use the traditional tecniques of Royal Icing with new shape and colors, to create a new design that start by my inspiration and exalts the subject on the cake…
What else would you like to share with the judges?
I find in the Royal icing my perfect spiritual dimension, my ideal method of expression…